|The FAST program is a bilateral initiative between the United States and Canada designed to ensure security and safety while enhancing the economic prosperity of both countries.
Benefits of a FAST Approved Carrier
- Dedicated lanes (where available) for greater speed and efficiency in the clearance of FAST transborder shipments.
- Reduced number of examinations for continued compliance with Customs FAST requirements.
- A strong partnership with the Canadian (PIP) and Customs (C-TPAT) administrations.
- Enhanced supply chain security while protecting the economic prosperity of both countries.
- The knowledge that they are carrying shipments for a C-TPAT approved importer.
- A head start for the upcoming modifications to FAST that will expand eligible electronic cargo release methods. The FAST processing of Pre Arrival Processing System (PAPS) is currently in use and will commence at expanded locations along the northern border during the year.
|C-TPAT is a voluntary government-business initiative to build cooperative relationships
that strengthen and improve overall international supply chain and U.S. border security.
C-TPAT recognizes that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) can provide the highest level of cargo security only through close cooperation with the ultimate owners of the international supply chain such as importers, carriers, consolidators, licensed customs brokers, and manufacturers.
Benefits of a C-TPAT Carrier:
- Fewer shipment inspections.
- Faster customs processing of your cargo at the border.
- A more secure supply chain and a safer work environment.
- Potential admission to other valuable U.S. Customs programs.
- Access to the U.S. Customs database of approved C-TPAT vendors and partners.
- A designated U.S. Customs account manager.
- Dedicated commercial lanes where infrastructure permits.
|Partners in Protection (PIP) is designed to enlist the co-operation of private industry in efforts to enhance border security, combat organized crime and terrorism, increase awareness of customs compliance issues, and help detect and prevent contraband smuggling.
Benefits of a Partners in Protection Participant:
- quicker movement of low-risk travellers and goods through customs
- improved security levels
- enhanced reputation for your organization
- improved understanding of customs requirements
- better communication between your employees and the CBSA.